OBJECTIVES OF THE MEGA PROJECTS ARE:
- Implementing projects that ensure spatial, social, economic and ecological integration and innovations in terms of energy, water and alternative building materials;
- Identifying and implementing national priority catalytic projects using different tenure options to deliver mega, high impact integrated and sustainable human settlements that clearly demonstrate spatial, social and economic integration;
- Increasing the supply of housing opportunities using different tenure types to ensure the diversity necessary to address social, economic and cultural needs;
- Ensuring that poor households have adequate housing in better living environments;
- Ensuring that at least 30% of the total expenditure of mega projects benefits women and youth where direct women/youth ownership in the qualifying entities is a minimum of 30%;
- Supporting the development of a functional and equitable residential property market; and
- Improving institutional capacity and coordination for better spatial targeting.